While scrolling through Facebook I stumbled across a recipe for Pudding Cookies by Chef-in-training. I clicked on the link and read all the reviews and they were all really positive! Being the baker that I am I couldn’t resist trying this recipe out…and boy was I glad I did. They are so good — not too sweet, soft and pretty freaking awesome 🙂
The first time I made them I only used a 1 oz package of vanilla pudding (as that’s what I bought by accident). The recipe calls for 3.4 oz, so the second time I made these I did what the recipe called for. I actually preferred only using 1 oz as the second batch really flattened out and became denser and cakey. However, my boyfriend liked the second batch better.
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 (1 oz or 3.4 oz) Package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 ¼ Flour
- 1 ½ cups Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl combine the flour and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar together until completely blended.
- Add the package of instant pudding to butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until combined with the butter mixture.
- Add the vanilla to the butter, sugar, pudding and egg mixture.
- In 3 batches add the flour and baking soda mixture to the butter mixture until fully combined.
- By hand, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated 350° oven and bake for 9 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on counter.
I would highly recommend trying this recipe, you will not be disappointed! For the Chocolate chips I used Chocolate Chunks. I also read that some people played around with the pudding flavor, so feel free to make your own type of pudding cookies! I’m thinking I might try lemon next!