My boyfriend had a work BBQ potluck so we decided to bring Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon and Sugar Chips. I’ve made this a couple times for other potlucks. It makes quite a bit and it’s always a hit; especially the chips. The kids LOVE them!
- 2 Kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious Apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 8 oz Raspberries
- 1 lb Strawberries, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar – optional
- 1 Tbsp Sugar – optional
- 3 Tbsp Fruit Preserves – optional
- 15 – 20 Flour Tortilla Shells, 10 inches
- Butter Flavored Cooking spray
- 1 cup Cinnamon and Sugar (1 cup Sugar + 2-3 Tbsp Cinnamon)
- Mix the fruit, sugar and preserves in a bowl.
I like to use Strawberry Preserves, but you can use any kind you like that will mix well with your salsa.
I typically add the sugar and preserves if I make the salsa right before eating it, but if I make it the night before I add half or none of the sugar or preserves.
- Place in fridge for at least 1 hours before serving.
- For the chips, place the cinnamon and sugar mixture on a large plate.
- Spray the tortilla shell with the cooking spray and place the tortilla (sprayed side down) into the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Make sure it is fully and evenly coated.
- Slice the tortilla shell into 8 pieces and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven and bake for 9 – 10 minutes or until dark and crispy, but not burnt.
- Serve with the salsa and enjoy!
This recipe is such a great refreshing summer dish and would highly recommend it! This salsa can be made with any fruit. Make a tropical version with pineapple, mango and dragon fruit. Or a sweet and spicy version with jalapenos, pineapple and papaya. Play around with the recipe and have fun! Would love to hear what you decide to make 🙂