I bought a bunch of blueberries from our local farmers market and needed to make something before they all went bad. Once again, I googled “blueberry recipes” and came across a coffee cake recipe that looked wonderful.
Coffee Cake Ingredients:
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 cups Fresh Blueberries
Crumb Topping Ingredients:
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Mix all crumb topping ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter and sugar mixture one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla, milk and lemon zest to the egg, sugar and butter mixture.
- Slowly add the flour mixture in 3 portions to the wet ingredients until fully mixed.
- Manually fold in the blueberries into the batter to not damage the berries.
- Pour the batter into a 9 inch pan that has been prepared with non stick cooking spray and flour.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping on top of the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes and then run a knife around the pan to loosen it.
- Before serving mix the icing ingredients and drizzle on top of the cooked coffee cake.
This was so crazy good! I can’t wait for blueberry season next year. I definitely plan on making this again. I cooked this in a loaf pan and it turned out great. I did have to cook it a little longer than the recipe says because it was much more deeper than the spring pan they recommend int recipe.