Tonight for dinner my boyfriend made steak fajitas. We used Ree Drummond’s recipe and it was really good! We let the steak marinade for about 2 hours and cooked it to perfection!
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice, fresh sqeezed
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Beef Flank Steak
- 1 Onion, sliced thin
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced thin
- In a bowl combine the first 9 ingredients and whisk until fully mixed.
- Poor 3/4 of the marinade in a plastic bag with the Steak.
- In the bowl with the marinade add the yellow peppers and onions and mix so that the vegetables are fully coated with the marinade.
- Place the steak and the vegetables in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to cook the steak heat a pan with oil and cook the steak about 2-3 minutes per side until seared and medium inside.
- Set the steak aside and let it rest.
- While the steak is resting cook the vegetables in the same pan you cooked the steak until they have a nice char and are still crisp, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Slice the steak in thin strips.
- Assemble the fajitas and enjoy!
We topped the fajitas with sour cream, Lynchburg hot sauce (our personal favorite hot sauce) and Hatch Chili Cheese! This cheese is only made once a year at our local grocery store. It is really good. Creamy with a hint of hatch chilis! We also made some cilantro lime rice to add into the fajitas. What will you put in your fajitas?!?